Tuesday, April 26

Well...

Mes Amis

Ahem... Well, I wasn't actually going to announce the secret suprise agent news until the papers were signed, sealed and delivered but the contract's on its way so unless something goes disastrously wrong between now and the pen scribbling that obscene mess of a signature on the paper, then yes I do have an agent. Still have work to do on that first novel, though, so it may be a while before I can boast of my one pound advance or whatever it will be.

Smells Kitchen... Fuckin' reality shows... Becs may complain about Masterchef but at least they show you people cooking - - this is just big brother with stupid hats and Angus fuckin' Daeyton. And, more than that, Masterchef had that fantastic contenstant who made avacado ice cream for top critics without ever having tried it himself!

Anyway, mes amis, that's all for now

Au Revoir

Russel

2 comments:

Ray Banks said...

Congratulations, Russel. As a wise man once said, "Great, now I've got an agent, there's one more person who won't return my calls."

Excellent news by any stretch.

Russel said...

Thanks Ray

You'll notice the way I'm trying to play it down, acting all cool: its a fucking awful act. I'm jumping around like Zebedee to be honest.

In fact, although I sound like I was chastising Beccy, thanks to her for being so enthusiastic, too (although I've already told her all about it on t'phone!).