Saturday, December 31

have a good one when it comes


Another year. Jeez. It only feels like yesterday that I was trying to think of excuses to allow me to go to bed and avoid the whole shennanegans.
I thought about doing a bit of a "best of" but I can't actually think of much to write. How depressing does that sound?
I spoke to one of my friends tonight who mentioned "new year syndrome" to me. I think we all know several people who suffer from NYS. It's essentially people who really can't stand Hogmanay- they tend to get depressed and/or angry. I just can't be bothered, which I think falls into the NYS definition, I'm not sure.
I'm sitting here, typing, (obviously) and thinking "I just want to sleep" I really think I'd like to join in with all the joyous people but I really don't think that us here in scotland are programmed for happy stuff, we're of the "you'll pay for this later" mind set. So Instead of thinking "great, another year of opportunity and who knows what!" I think "Shit, another chance for me to get a kicking" which is a shame because I'm secretly looking forward to the new year.

Ok, to end on a happy note, here's some things that went well for me this year:
*I passed all of my uni stuff and made it into third year.Hooray!
*I got my sexy rabbit back from my friends parents back garden, Dave rocks, go Dave!
*I got a job and stuck at it, made some cash and met nice people. Go Cash!

Some of my friends did really well this year too:
Russ got accepted by an agent and looks to have a book coming out, woohoo Russki!
Bobbert is now a REAL lawyer after 7 years or something of working at it, wayhay Bobbert!
Steve got a real job too and works for the scottish executive, Al is now a tax inspector. Yay everyone!

So happy hogmanay everyone, see you next year
Beca
xxx

5 comments:

Bugtastic said...

jeepers Gary, I forgot to mention your america trip AND pending nuptuals.
Sorry!
Happy new year to you and the wife to be.

Russel said...

Dave's back? My old mate dangerous Dave is back? Huzzah. We used to bond really well when I looked after him while you were on holiday.

And a happy new year to you, too, m'dear! Here's to 2006 being a good one, which we all know it will be.

Russel said...

Oh and by the way is this blog blocking me?I tried posting comments earlier and they never came through... Maybe I'm just too offensive.

Or I smell.

Or both.

Stuart MacBride said...

You know a lawyer AND a tax inspector?

What kind of people do you hang out with? Were they out of mass murderers at Dundee Prison?

Bugtastic said...

I know, its crappy.
Worst of all, I hang out with an AUTHOR.
Yup, hell emptied it's bowels into my address book