Friday, August 29

Last night I raced an Easyjet plane....

It won.
But it was brilliant fun, if only I had 2 jet engines instead of these wee legs I'd totally have beaten them. I blame the Bike. Rematch!
For anyone I've not spoken to I've turned into a Bicycle fiend. I love it. I never used to, Biking for me was relegated to the realm of the joggers and other arses. But I have joined the arse ranks and can be seen pedalling for my life along side Glasgow Airport runway (on the cycle track not the actual runway)
And my bike is beautiful. Its an Aluminium Hardtail, a special size to allow for my hight and after 6 years of neglect in the Garage it is now a gleaming thing of beauty, oiled and cared for. It's been dubbed (ironically) "La Poderosa III" after Che Guevara's motorcycle which took him around South America. While my Ponderosa might not manage the South American Continent it will hopefully manage the National Cycle Route 7 soon. My bike has also let me discover a WD40 craze within me and I can also be seen spraying WD40 liberally around while proclaiming it "miracle elixar" I'm this close to spraying it on myself to see if it helps my arthritic joints. My tin of WD is hidden at the moment- my mum is sick of hefting previously creaky doors only to discover they move at lightening speed and I've been threatened with a total WD ban should it happen again. No Fun.
Anyway I'm off out on my bike.

No comments: