Tuesday, May 24

Couldn't you hear the enthusiasm in my ring?

Well, I really wasn't gonna brag about the whole Alabama 3 thing cos I know Russ cries but since he brought it up....
Just to set the scene, I'm sat in a very small pub in Drury Street, Glasgow (o'henrys in case anyone knows it) Some guys come in like rock stars and sit down opposite. A very pained 90 minutes follows for me as I know I know them from somewhere.........
Eventually I think they might just be alabama 3 but i'm not sure. What followed was a very, very stupid 4 minutes during which I went up and simpered and said ' excuse me, can I ask you a reeeeeeeally strange question?, are you alabama 3? ' (gush, simper)
Turns out they were, they enquired after my gig plans and when I explained my precarious financial state I was put on the guest list. Ace!
The highlights of the meeting were:
1. the man with a voice that is so low he should be covered in Magma
2. I got to shake hands with and be in awe of 3 of the band members
3. When they were leaving the lead singer called me pet.
4. I got to act all cool as they went past saying 'see you tonight'
How was the gig? I'll give a full report tomorrow as its late now but in the words of the wonderful Christopher Eccleston....
FANTASTIC!

1 comment:

Bugtastic said...

they said see you tonight not me, I was attempting to not blush like a girl