Saturday, July 9

And We're Done...

Mes Amis

Mmmmm... books... At last, mes amis, the flat is done! Two-odd years and its all painted, the bathroom's redone, the lights refitted and all the shite furniture away. The carpets were fitted on wednesday (and very comfortable they are, too!) and now all my books have returned from storage. Thirteen large cardboard boxes of the buggers. In my tiny flat I now have six full to bursting bookcases and several storage boxes of comic books. But I feel truly at home, now. I hope I don't have to move any time soon...

Mother, father, I shall become a bat... Since seeing Batman Begins (twice, now: and both times with fucking kids nearby - don't parents even think that it might be a 12A for a fuckin' reason?) I have been reliving my comic book geekness. So getting back all these comics has meant I can start to re-read a few of the classics. Like Batman Year One which is one of the best and most grounded Batman stories told. A true origin story, this belongs more to Gordon than Bruce and I kinda wish we could have seen Oldman have a story arc like this to deal with as Gordon cuts through corruption in the GCPD. Maybe we will in the next movie, you never know. Strangely it ends in a way similar to Begins with Gordon finding out there's a new costumed villain in town with a flair for the theatrical... I've also found copies of Batman v Predator (a surprisingly good story considering the dreck they could have written) and I'm about to dive into Knightfall - watch Batman's back get broken, folks. Truly a milestone unlike the poor publicity stunt DC were running at the same time with the "death" of Super(boring)Man.

Mmmmmmonkey!... With thanks to Jen for providing yet more frippery...

Russel
is a
Haggis-Eating Sniper Monkey


...with a Battle Rating of 7.7



To see if your Food-Eating Battle Monkey can
defeat Russel, enter your name:


Anyway, mes amis, that's all for now

Au revoir

Russel

1 comment:

Russel said...

Ya know what pees me off about Knightfall, though? They never released Knighquest: The Search or Knightquest: The Crusade in collection, so I'm missing a huge part of the story. I just jump straight into straight into Bruce's return. I needed to see more of Azrael's descent into darkness.

I'm also wanting to read the Red Rain alternate universe trilogy again where Batman becomes a vampire... they were so cool. And, of course, Dick's brief run as the bat and... and...

I'd forgotten how much I love Batman (in a very manly way!)... Abiding 'nam-like flashbacks of Batman and Robin can make you forget the good times...