Thursday, April 20

49%


Thats what I got for an essay retuned to me today.
Which begs the question- "is that the best you can do?"
and if not, what happened?
With nothing else BUT Uni to do 49% is a fucking atrocious mark. Especially for 3rd year. I'm supposed to have a degree in 3 weeks. And that kind of a mark is coming back to me.
Which begs the question- "Is it time to accept that, although you'd love to be, you aren't, any kind of environmental manager?"
Is it time to cut my losses and run. Put it down to experiance and have the guts to say " I'm just not good enough"
The bitterest part of today has been that, in true cliche fashion, I've just let myself down- Where do you run to when it's your own self who's looking at you with poorly disguised disgust?

So where to now? I'm finding it harder and harder to pick myself up off the floor these days. And I'm so close to this degree, this thing that I've been aiming for , for so long, I don't want to fuck up, but I have no past acheivements to look back on. This would be it. My big acheivement in life, and so many people supporting me. And I'm going to let them all down.

4 comments:

JamesO said...

I thought 49% was an 'A' grade these days... ;}#

Everyone has bad essays - I got 12% for one of my third year efforts (probably because I spelt my name right), but I still managed to get a degree at the end of it all. I'm sure you'll do fine.

Mind you, when I went up to Uni, you were probably still in nappies, so what would I know about student life today?

Stuart MacBride said...

Well, sounds like you've already given yourself a good kick in the pants, now all you need to do is drink a bottle of wine and do better next time.

3 weeks to degree is no time to be having second doubts. Grasp the metal and go for it. You'll do fine.

Otherwise we're going to have to come round your place and do something nasty to you with a watermelon.

Bugtastic said...

thanks for putting up with my warbling.
After asking around it turned out that everyone in the class got wayyyy lower than their usual mark, so it adds up ok.
2% Gary? How? I mean seriously- how?

Bugtastic said...

and stuart, watermelon, *Gaaaakkkkkkk* I HATE watermelon. Especially watermeon Ranchers. Those sweets. It was like roulette woth those sweets