Thursday, May 25

news and Chat

I have time to chat just now.... FOR I HAVE HANDED IN ALL MY DEGREE WORK.
All in. Barring shit results and natural disasters I will be a BSc.
I thought I'd be happy but dammit, I just want to cry and curl up into a ball. I hope a feeling of joy will arrive soon. This has taken long enough and I'll be damned if I'm gonna feel miserable.

So... Chat.
My very favorite TV programme is back on, the untempered JOY that is the Beechgrove Garden is now gracing our screens again. The very staple of scottish gardening has been on for 20 years and I've watched it all. Seriously. Ask my mum.
Alan Titchmarsh and Monty Don- pee off! Beechgrove kicks ass. A programme which shows us what we can really plant up here is just ace. Monty Don and his tender perennials. Ptcha! wouldn't last the night up here mate. What you want is something HARDY, like heather(who, incidentally, does the weather).
This week they are trialing 'lady cucumbers' which sounds to me like something lesbians would subscribe to. If you are in the BBC scotland area I urge you to watch.
I think this may be the year i will visit the field of dreams, Aberdeen here I come!

The weather just now is glorious. The past couple of nights the sunset has been like the golden angelic choir have been doing a dress rehearsal outside my window but I couldn't look, for I was typing. But now I shall go and frolic and possibly Gambol if my knee holds up.

What a nice day.

2 comments:

JamesO said...

I went to the old Beechgrove Garden once, back in my Aberdeen days - and it was tiny. I don't know how they managed to make it look so big.

Mind you, I bumped into Carol Baxter in John Lewis once and she's tiny too, so maybe they have only tiny presenters and special miniature plants.

But then the new garden's huge - they'd surely all get lost under the rhubarb trees.

Stuart MacBride said...

Is Aberdeen ready for you, that's the question...