Thursday, May 4

skeleton bob cometh!

So the badger snuffled outta his sett and managed to get my skeleton Bob prize through to me.
And Lo! it is magnificent. I thought I looked quite special in my hat but to have it confirmed by Skeleton Bob is an honour indeed. Much framing of pics shall ensue. Though I didn't like the way special was in these little ' things: 'special', suggesting I have a bus come to get me for the day centre...
But the fun didn't stop there...oh no.
I got an envelope. AND Cat hair AND some dead Ficus leaves AND a book which had been scribbled in. AND i didn't win the euromillions. But the thought was there.
The cat hair triggered my hayfever a couple of weeks early but a runny nose couldn't stop me enjoying my prize..no no
One swift phone call to the badger confirmed that those indecipherable squiggles are in fact authors signatures-Jeez peeps, they're pretty bad. I'm gonna scan in the signature page and kudos to anyone who can get some of those names nailed. Thank custard for word processing thats all I'll say.
I gotta prize!! I gotta prize!!
Thanks Uncle Stuart!
Oh and wanking featuring in the first PAGE of the book? Classy.

1 comment:

Stuart MacBride said...

Hey, the signatures were gathered in the bar, after a small libation or two...

I think Simon Kernick nearly fell off his stool not long after.

And sorry about the cat hair - allergies, the gift that keeps on giving!