Sunday, September 24

afternoon delights

Today I was invited for lunch with some people I know and their friends. What I didn't realise was that everyone would be bringing children of a Wide assortment of ages. Jeepers.
I try not to be tetchy about these things- it's someone elses choice to have kids etc etc.
But for me it really ends up like the smoking debate, I don't mind if you want to smoke just a)don't expect me to pay for it in any way and b)Don't waft your smoke near me.
Had I wanted to be irritated by kids I'd have actually lunched IN the wacky warehouse, chips balanced in the helter skelter.
I don't know how people cope. I can only assume you actually go insane during delivery or something. Constant screaming, crying moasning and shitting. I went a little mental myself.
As one small thing ran past brandishing a knife his mother looked at me and laughed, in the way dog owners laugh when their dog sniffs your dog's bum or something.
The hilarity.
I also found I have nothing to say to some people. Like, at all.
I find myself in an odd state in life. I'm 25, a studen,t and I've never actually had a longterm job. Or Kids. Nor do I holiday in Florida. Or Buy new cars. So I had nothing to talk to these people about. Theres a gulf. They don't care about biodiversity and I don't care that young billy said the funniest thing
Blah. roll on uni

No comments: