Monday, December 20

Customer Care

Mes Amis

Keep on... Well, someone's gotta keep this thing rolling regularly (and that's alliteration, folks, at least allegedly alliteration)...

A retailer is for life... Be kind to shop assistants this Christmas... that's my wisdom of the day. We're overworked, underpaid and when we say we don't know something it really means that - because management don't tell us everything we need to know. Sad truth, folks, but truth it is. We're people just like you, not emotional punching bags. And trust me, shopping may seem stressful but its nothing compared to selling. Nothing matches the stress of three people at once telling you its shocking you don't have their obscure gift idea in stock even though you had three of them on the shelves six months ago...

Destination... Book of the month - Destination Morgue by James Ellroy. Disturbing, violent, mean as all hell and a draining experience... Ellroy at his goddamn best with a mix of essays and memoirs culminating in three novellas... Not for the faint at heart but brilliant all the same...

4400... So the big revelation at the end of Sky One's alien abduction drama was pretty standard stuff... no spoilers but I've been loving this show and now the pay off's been, well, I'm just dissapointed... It was like they had fifteen minutes to go and hired a monkey to write the climax.. Bah...

Merry Christmas when it arrives... I'm going home to my parents and I'm going to relax and try to get the Christmas tunes and sound of Credit Card machines out of my head... Did I mention that retailing at Christmas is far more stressful than any shopping trip could ever be?

Till next time
Au Revoir

No comments: