Sunday, February 20

"Folks do things a little different round here"

Mes Amis

This is New Orleans, dahlin'... I love The Big Easy. Its one of the most perfect little films made. Its not got the world's best script (where the hell did that final revelation come from? How illogical was that?) and sure, it ain't got grand ambitions, but its got heart, soul, humour and its the kind of film that leaves you with a shiteating smile on your face. Dennis Quaid is just perfectly cool; tossing off lines with kind of abandon you don't see every day. Ellen Barkin is cooky, klutzy, sexy and smart all at the same time. Ned Beatty is fat. John Goodman is, well, John Goodman (with a Southern accent) and the music is amazing. It seems no one I know has ever heard of it, but trust me, its a forgotten classic and the kind of film you just can't help but grin while you're watching (well, if you're me anyway!)

Sinise Does It...CSI New York is a show I don't want to like. There are too many shows with too many spin offs and in an ideal world CSI should have left it with Miami. But shoot me if Sinise and Co haven't given us a great little show. While it seems more centred on the star (Gary Sinise) than previous incarnations its got itself a gritty look, some smart scripts and come good acting. And New York looks cold, man. So damn CSI:NY for being good, because I wanted to rant about it. Oh well, I can always go on about how much L&O:SVU sucks...

Until next time, mes amis

Au Revoir

No comments: