Tuesday, February 22

What do I do now?

Mes Amis

I've been looking for a reason not to go... I need a job. Fucking desperately. Much as I love my colleagues at the shop where I work (I shall not name the place, lest I get in a bit of trouble...) I am only part time and to be honest, I need money. Writing - at least at the moment - does not pay bills. I even went so far as to look at a transfer to another shop in the company but I almost hope the other shop says no because I can't actually be arsed uprooting myself for a very small amount of pay. Today alone I have applied for ten jobs. Some of them I even want...

HST... For those who don't know (and you must have had a paper bag over your head) a few days ago, the esteemed Dr Thompson passed away. Reports of suicide are vague, but consistent. This is a terrible shame, and a great loss to literature. Neither left or right wing (The way he wrote you knew he thought both sides were full of pricks), HST lived like he wanted to and didn't take shit from anyone. I think I'm missing only one of his collections and I shall go out immediately to find it. He made us laugh, cry, puke and above all he made us think.

Until next time

Au Revoir

No comments: