Tuesday, February 22

Mes Amis

Make me beautiful... Nip/Tuck is almost like a soap opera for people who think soap operas are a waste of airtime. Its glossy, its improbably, its ludicrously OTT and yet it all works brilliantly. The cast are uniformly excellent (including the mysterious monkey boy who plays Sean's son; a boy of somewhere around high school age with an improbably permanent five o'clock shadow) and even Julian McMahon comes of age from his days in Charmed. Not only that but the surgery performed by our plastic surgeon heroes are wonderfully gross (Tonight's cli-toe-ris graft was enough to make even me turn white) . And tonight had a sex scene that was one moment laugh out loud funny (Check out Sean's face when he comes up from between his wife's legs to see she's still not come) and the next horrifically sad. Brilliant...

Shouldn't you be working...? I know I have a deadline for next monday but I can't get on with my dissertation for some reason... must push myself harder... must work... Must apply for funding... Must find sense of direction...

ahem...

Till next time, mes amis

Au Revoir

Russel

No comments: