Wednesday, October 26

I go a bit lobbyist on you


Right, now I don't normally do this but I hope you'll all forgive me this time...
At the moment in the uk the animal welfare laws are not a kick in the arse off of 100 years old and they are really, really poor. The RSPCA and SSPCA have a problem. They may be the prevention of cruelty to animals societies but they have no power to help animals who are not cared for properly they can only advise then step in after the animal begins to suffer, by which point its often too late for elderly or particularly young animals. There is no legal duty of care for pet owners in the Uk, Picture dogs chained outside in all weathers and horses in a state-The welfare societies can't do anything until the suffering starts and I think you'll all agree, pet owners or not, that this really isn't on. So basically I'm asking you to consider signing the petition the RSPCA have on their website which is lobbying MPs to support the new, super improved animal welfare bill which will be introduced in this parliamentary session. It'll only take a minute to sign online.
If you really wanted to be my hero you could email your MP- Just a short one, as the bishop said to the nun- and the RSPCA site will even give you pointers for what to write. If you aren't sure please just take a minute to read the facts, its hard to believe it's modern Britain.
Go on... I'll be your best friend forever :-)
RSPCA SITE

2 comments:

Mikey P said...

Hmm, something is either wrong with the RSPCA website, or Telewest (my ISP) just don't have a good link to whichever server the RSPCA website is on. Either way, I can't load the page! Which is a shame, 'cos I'd sign-up in a heartbeat. Will attempt to read & sign-up regularly...

Bugtastic said...

hey mike,
The RSPCA website was down for a while, seems to be back up now