Thursday, February 16

Get OFF THE PAVEMENT

Rant alert!
When are cyclists going to realise that the pavement is not where you belong??
(Except if you have stabilisers and some cartoon character on both your bike, helmet and masses of padding and no cognitive action)(Russel the exception)
Now, I've just got mildly annoyed up till now and made do with shouting at their rapidly retreating backsides. But today the ultimate insult. i heard the "ahem" of an embarrassed cyclist behind me. They're usually unwilling to make eye contact BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'RE WRONG but today I turned round to do my "see the little green path at the side of the road? thats a cycle lane. See that thing between your legs? Not that, yep, that. ITS A BICYCLE.
It was a bloodly mountain bike police man. Biker police uniform, helmet and black bike with police written on it. And he was wobbling like a toddler. I couldn't believe it. He had the decency to look apologetic at least. But what an example.

1 comment:

Ham Shanks said...

Did the officer have a cartoon character on his helmet? (cycle variety I hasten to add) I find the constabulary love jokes about their helmets! Nothing makes them chuckle more, no really try it!

Keep up the sprout appreciation work, sprouts arnt just for christmas .....