Thursday, June 9

The Travelling Man

Mes Amis

Packed and ready... Well, its a travelling year for ol' Russ here... Off down to Harrogate this july for Harrogate Crime Festival to mix with people who've made it and meet my little ol' agent, too (we haven't actually met face to face yet - although she does work out of London where I'm stuck in Dundee). Then after that, off to Chicago (The windy city, the windy city is mighty pretty but they ain't got what got... like Neds) for good ol' Bouchercon. I'm all a-twitter, I tells ya. Looking forward at Harrogate to seeing Mr Michael Connelly whose work I always enjoy; he's one of the masters at thriller writing. I mean, his work is glossy and big and its crowd-pleasing but he always pulls it off with style. The Poet (and the Narrows) have one of te few serial killers I though actually worked in fiction. And Mark Billingham's there, who's also a most entertaining writer (DI Thorne, his series protagonist, is a damn fine character and his books speed along at a fair old lick). And Ruth Rendell will there, too, undoubtedly still doing her training so she can arm wrestle Ray Banks in Chicago... Has anyone organised a betting pool for this tussle?

BLATANT PLUG ALERT (Don't say I didn't warn ya...)... Now, I don't know for sure, but I think my short story Coughing John may be in the new issue (July/August) of AHMM. No one told me but I found a story listing and realised it was there. I don't get it for a few weeks thanks to my evil mailman, but seek it out and read it. What is odd about this one is it predates all the other stories previously published by about a year and half... I just forgot to send it out!

Anyway, mes amis, that's all for now.

Au revoir

Russel

No comments: