Wednesday, June 15

The Write Stuff

Mes Amis

Blog off... Twenty four writers, twenty four blogs (or at least websites), one theme... Some very talented people are taking part in the second great blog fiction experiment thing. Since I'm very lazy and can't be bothered doing seventeen links, I'll pass you to Ray who's deeply involved in this thing and has proved, despite his moaning and groaning about how maybe he isn't cut out for ths writing lark (Pull your socks up, Banks! I need to read more fiction like The Big Blind and if people like you start pulling out of the game we're only going to be left with bastards like Grisham and I never want to be reduced to reading that automated legal-fiction machine) that he is one talented writer with his own contribution. And, Ray, they took your rug? I didn't face the man in the black pyjamas for them to take your rug, man! Blogging isn't 'Nam: there are rules!

The Turkey's ready... About freakin' time: I finished the next draft of my novel. And the fucker's changed almost entirely neyond recognition. The meat is the same but so much of the supporting bumph has changed entirely beyond recognition. I hope my sparkling, wonderful agent likes it - - I'm pretty pleased with most of the changes especially because its given a lot of the supporting cast more meat on their bones. Oh well, one more check through for typos and shit sentences and off it goes in the post.

Photo boy... Yes, Ms Beccy, I do have a photographer; she's a friend who's a photography student but that's still one better than Bob the solicitor and his click-n-flash camera. With no offence to ol' Bobby, of course. I'll be using at least one of the new photos the crime scene site and the other will go up when I get my profile on my agency's website. Yeah, mean n moody Russ... that's what we want... (watch this, I'll still look about twelve!)

Anyway, mes amis, that's all for now

Au revoir

Russel

No comments: