Sunday, March 6

"Don't Pick on the Endangered spieces..."

Mes Amis

I feel like killing tonight... Adverts are Satan's sperm, my friends. Honest to God, more than making me want to spend my money on the goods or services in question they just make me want to go out and rip the head off some fucking smug bastard advertising exec... I'm thinking at the moment of the Chicken Tonight adverts with that bloody Panda and his stupid bloody voice... "By eck, Ah feel like Beef Tonight"... The more I see these adverts the more I don't wonder why I'm not out there cleansing the streets of the morons who actually find it funny...

Jack, don't disobey orders.... Speaking of adverts, what the hell are those tags on the ad breaks on 24? For some car. And there's a bank robbery and some bored looking ginger fellow with a bad beard who sits at the window or the restaurant and watches his car like he's waiting to see death sitting in the passenger seat and telling him to take a rise. Its irritating, pointless and maybe even worse than the Panda... but at least its swiftly followed by Jack "Why haven't I been killed yet by my own stupid decisions" Bauer and his increasingly ludicrous adventures... This just gets better and better... Bay-roooooooooos (As his mother calls him) has finally realised his parents are ludicrously inept terrorists and killed a professional assasin... Jack's been dibsoeying orders in order to get to the next firefight... and now Tony's back! Tony "Superman" Alemida, who last year miraculously recovered from a bullet in the neck after one hour, has showed up to save Jack's ass. Looks like he might have grown back the stupid beard from season one again, too. Ah, its all so improbable but oh-so-much fun.

The Last Blues... No! Noooooo!!! After thirteen years, NYPD Blue is off the air... We're still several years behind in the UK but if you must know, then Allan Sepinwall has all the dirt (along with stalwart reviewer Amanda Wilson) right here. I love this show, and think even if Andy did soften over the years it was still always one of the top shows going. And even when it got Zack from Saved By The Bell cast opposite Dennis Franz it was still top... So farewell, Blue, its been fun. But at least I got a few years of catch up before its properly over for me (provided CH4 get off their arse and show the fucking thing!)

Anyway, that's all for now, mes amis.

Au Revoir

Russel

No comments: